From English Wikinfo
- For criticism see Criticism of 1053
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1050 1051 1052 – 1053 – 1054 1055 1056|
|1053 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1806|
|Bahá'í calendar||-791 – -790|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Byzantine calendar||6561 – 6562|
(3689/3749-Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[".-Template:Chinese calendar/day/62/28)
— to —癸巳年月日
(3690/3750-Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[".-Template:Chinese calendar/day/62/29)
|Coptic calendar||769 – 770|
|Ethiopian calendar||1045 – 1046|
|Hebrew calendar||4813 – 4814|
|- Bikram Samwat||1109 – 1110|
|- Shaka Samvat||975 – 976|
|- Kali Yuga||4154 – 4155|
|Iranian calendar||431 – 432|
|Islamic calendar||444 – 445|
|Thai solar calendar||1596|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 1053|
- June 18 – Battle of Civitate: 3,000 horsemen of Norman Count Humphrey rout the troops of Pope Leo IX.
- Byodo-in, Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, is built. Heian period (approximate date).
- Jōchō makes Amida Buddha, Byodo-in. Heian period (approximate date).
- July 7 – Emperor Shirakawa of Japan (d. 1129)
- St-Hugues, Bishop of Guenette (d. 1132)
- Guibert of Nogent, French historian and theologian (d. 1124)
- Vladimir Monomakh, Prince of Kiev (d. 1125)
- Ramon Berenguer II, Count of Barcelona
- Berenguer Ramon II, Count of Barcelona
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1053.
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of this Wikinfo article is available under the GNU Free Documentation License and the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.