- July 2018 Debate, over proposed constitution, held in Cuba's National Assembly. It is believed to be the first democratic debate by legislators ever permitted in Cuba. (New York Times)
- April 2018 Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez will succeed Raúl Castro as President of Cuba. (The New York Times "The Washington Post)
- 2018 A government campaign has resulted in substantial reduction in air pollution in China'a large cities lengthening lifespan. (The New York Times People's Daily)
- March 2018 Following removal of term limits for Xi Jinping "1984" and "Animal Farm" were banned from internet searches in China. (The Guardian)
- March 6, 2018 Henri Falcón enters race for President of Venezuela. (The New York Times)
- November 1, 2017 China has set "common prosperity" as a goal for 2020. (The New York Times RealClear World CGTN)
- "In 2020, we will establish a moderately prosperous society across all metrics. This is the society to be enjoyed by each and every one of us. On the march towards common prosperity, no one must be left behind. We will mobilize the whole Party and the whole country in a resolute push to deliver on our pledge and eradicate poverty in China."
- August 18, 2017 2017 Constituent Assembly of Venezuela assumes legislative control over Venezuela. (The New York Times)
- July 30, 2017 The United Socialist Party of Venezuela appointed the 2017 Constituent Assembly of Venezuela which, according to Nicolás Maduro, displaces the existing government of Venezuela. (The Washington Post}
- May 2017 Situation in Venezuela continues to deteriorate with uncertain outcome (The New York Times)
- March 8. International Women's Day
- January 2017 Killing of activists continues in Colombia despite Colombian peace process (Thomson Reuters Foundation)
- January 21, 2017 Massive Women's Marches began resistance to Trump presidency. (womensmarch.comThe New York Times)
- Summer and Fall 2016 Progressives and Native Americans engage in the Dakota Access Pipeline protests near the Missouri River south of Bismark, North Dakota. (Wikipedia Oceti Sakowin Camp (dead link as of November 2017))
- November 25, 2016 Fidel Castro died at age 90.
- Chinese state oil company agrees to finance and improve Venezuelan oil production (South China Morning News) China and Venezuela are in a comprehensive strategic partnership dating from 2014 (China.org.cn)
- November 2016 Rats leave sinking ship (Reuters)
- November 8, 2016 Donald Trump, a populist strongman, elected President of the United States. His margin of victory came from unorganized working class elements.
- September 26, 2016 Colombia signs peace treaty with FARC (The New York Times)
- August 2016 Malaria re-emerges in Venezuela (The New York Times)
- August 9 to 14, 2016 World Social Forum in Montreal
- July 2016. "People, Land, Seeds, Food." Pan-African land reform and agricultural conference taking place in Harare, Zimbabwe, July 12-15, 2016. (La Via Campesina)
- March 25, 2014 Anti-communist movements in Venezuela and Cuba mirror Cuban and Venezuelan cooperation and support. (The New York Times)
- March 2, 2014 FIST (Fight Imperialism, Stand Together) anti-oppression, anti-exploitation, revolutionary group to hold conference, New York City, USA, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 147 West 24th Street, 2nd floor. fightimperialism.org
- February 11, 2014 Cambodia denies bail to garment industry strikers despite international protests. Womens Media Center
- January 2014 Patriotic March, a leftist party in Colombia, considers disbanding due to political assassinations (Columbia Reports)
- January 21, 2014 Leaked documents reveal extensive off-shore holdings of Chinese princelings (The Guardian The International Consortium of Investigative Journalism The New York Times China Digital Times)
- January 20, 2014 Top 85 as rich as poorest 3½ billion (The Guardian Oxfam World Top Incomes Database)
- January, 2014 Flash mobs of dark-skinned C class youth assemble at Brazilian shopping malls (Portal AZ The New York Times)
- January 13, 2014 A prominent former Red Guard apologized for her role in the death of a teacher during the Cultural Revolution (Beijing News, Consensus Net, New York Times, Bloomberg News)
- January 10, 2014 Chemical leak in West Virginia, USA, cuts water to 250,000.
- January 6, 2014 American gun libertarians silence dissident member ( socialismoryourmoneyback.blogspot.ca/2014/01/gun-law.html ).
- December, 2013 Brazil is reported to be forming a close economic relationship with Cuba by hiring Cuban doctors and engaging in joint economic projects. (The New York Times)
- November 9, 2013 Immigrant workers riot in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (The New York Times)
- November 3, 2013 Cuba invites Chinese investment in special development zone at Muriel Port (Qiushi})
- November 1, 2013 Chen Quanguo, Communist Party Chief of the Tibet Autonomous Region calls in Qiushi for strict censorship. (The New York Times)
- October 31, 2013 Greenland parliament votes 15-14 to lift decades-long ban on uranium mining.
- October 13, 2013 Yangzhong builds giant statue of puffer fish (The New York Times)
- October 7, 2013 Strike at steel mill in Venezuela (The New York Times)
- September 27, 2013 The Daily Mail attacks Labour Party leader's father (The Daily Mail The Guardian The Guardian)
- September 26, 2013 World Cup infrastructure in Qatar being built with forced labor (The Guardian)
- September 23, 2013 200,000 on strike in Bangladesh (The Australian)
- September 21, 2013 Textile workers in Bangladesh demand $107 a month (The Raw Story)
- September 17, 2013 Fair Labor Standards Act extended to include direct care workers who provide personal care for the disabled and elderly in the United States (U.S. Department of Labor)
- September 16, 2013 White family lives for a month in a township in South Africa (Living in Mamelodi for a Month)
- September 14, 2013 Communist Party of Swaziland leader arrested while campaigning against bogus election in Swaziland (LINKS)
- September 14, 2013 AFL-CIO reaches out to the unorganized at its convention (AFL-CIO)
- September 14, 2013 Occupation of Zócalo by the National Education Workers Co-ordinating Committee ends (The Guardian)
- September 9, 2013 Dennis Rodman spills the beans (The Guardian)
- September 22, 2013 General election in Germany (The Guardian)
- September 4, 2013 Grey wolf killed in March 2013 in Missouri (Earth First! Journal)
- September 3, 2013 Wolves devour farmers' sheep and goats in southern France (The New York Times)
- September 1, 2013 Guest workers under H-2B visas cheated in the United States (The New York Times)
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
The people's point of view
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
The communist music project