Template:Infobox European Union
|Motto: United in diversity |
|Anthem: Ode to Joy
|-||European Council||Herman Van Rompuy|
|-||European Commission||José Manuel Barroso|
|-||European Parliament||Martin Schulz|
|-||Council of the EU||Helle Thorning-Schmidt (Denmark)|
|-||High Representative for Foreign Affairs||Catherine Ashton|
|Legislature||Legislature of the EU|
|-||Upper house||Council of the EU|
|-||Lower house||European Parliament|
|-||Paris Treaty||23 July 1952|
|-||Rome Treaty||1 January 1958|
|-||Maastricht Treaty||1 November 1993|
|-||Lisbon Treaty||1 December 2009|
1,669,807 sq mi
|-||2011 estimate||502,486,499 |
|GDP (PPP)||2011 estimate|
|GDP (nominal)||2011 estimate|
|Gini (2010)||30.4 (medium)|
|HDI (2011)||0.856 (very high)|
|Time zone||(UTC+0 to +2)|
|-||Summer (DST)||(UTC+1 to +3)|
|Calling code||See list|
| Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories and interwikis to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.
|This page contains information from Wikipedia (view authors). It has been modified so that it meets Communpedia's standards.||WP|
- Barnard, Catherine (August 2007). The Substantive Law of the EU: The four freedoms (2 ed.). Oxford University Press. p. 447. .
- United in diversity. Europa (web portal). European Commission. URL accessed on 20 January 2010.
- European Parliament: The Legislative Observatory. Europa (web portal). European Commission. URL accessed on 20 January 2010.
- The New Oxford American Dictionary, Second Edn., Erin McKean (editor), 2051 pages, May 2005, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-517077-6.
- Total population as of 1 January. Eurostat. URL accessed on 23 October 2010.
- IMF World Economic Outlook Database, September 2011. International Monetary Fund. URL accessed on 28 January 2012.
- Nominal 2011 GDP for the European Union & 2011 population for the European Union, World Economic Outlook Database, September 2011, International Monetary Fund. Accessed on February 13, 2012
- Distribution of family income – Gini index. The World Factbook. CIA. URL accessed on 2012-01-28.
- Calculated using data from member states. If considered as a single entity, the EU would rank 14th among the other countries.
- Not including overseas territories
- .eu is representative of the whole of the EU, member states also have their own TLDs