- August 18, 2017 2017 Constituent Assembly of Venezuela assumes legislative control over Venezuela. (The New York Times)
- July 30, 2017 The United Socialist Party of Venezuela appointed the 2017 Constituent Assembly of Venezuela which, according to Nicolás Maduro, displaces the existing government of Venezuela. (The Washington Post}
- May 2017 Situation in Venezuela continues to deteriorate with uncertain outcome (The New York Times)
- March 8. International Women's Day
- January 2017 Killing of activists continues in Colombia despite Colombian peace process (Thomson Reuters Foundation)
- January 21, 2017 Massive Women's Marches began resistance to Trump presidency. (womensmarch.comThe New York Times)
- Summer and Fall 2016 Progressives and Native Americans engage in the Dakota Access Pipeline protests near the Missouri River south of Bismark, North Dakota. (Wikipedia Oceti Sakowin Camp)
- November 25, 2016 Fidel Castro died at age 90.
- Chinese state oil company agrees to finance and improve Venezuelan oil production (South China Morning News) China and Venezuela are in a comprehensive strategic partnership dating from 2014 (China.org.cn)
- November 2016 Rats leave sinking ship (Reuters)
- November 8, 2016 Donald Trump, a populist strongman, elected President of the United States. His margin of victory came from unorganized working class elements.
- September 26, 2016 Colombia signs peace treaty with FARC (The New York Times)
- August 2016 Malaria re-emerges in Venezuela (The New York Times)
- August 9 to 14, 2016 World Social Forum in Montreal
- July 2016. "People, Land, Seeds, Food." Pan-African land reform and agricultural conference taking place in Harare, Zimbabwe, July 12-15, 2016. (La Via Campesina)
- March 25, 2014 Anti-communist movements in Venezuela and Cuba mirror Cuban and Venezuelan cooperation and support. (The New York Times)
- March 2, 2014 FIST (Fight Imperialism, Stand Together) anti-oppression, anti-exploitation, revolutionary group to hold conference, New York City, USA, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 147 West 24th Street, 2nd floor. fightimperialism.org
- February 11, 2014 Cambodia denies bail to garment industry strikers despite international protests. Womens Media Center
- January 2014 Patriotic March, a leftist party in Colombia, considers disbanding due to political assassinations (Columbia Reports)
- January 21, 2014 Leaked documents reveal extensive off-shore holdings of Chinese princelings (The Guardian The International Consortium of Investigative Journalism The New York Times China Digital Times)
- January 20, 2014 Top 85 as rich as poorest 3½ billion (The Guardian Oxfam World Top Incomes Database)
- January, 2014 Flash mobs of dark-skinned C class youth assemble at Brazilian shopping malls (Portal AZ The New York Times)
- January 13, 2014 A prominent former Red Guard apologized for her role in the death of a teacher during the Cultural Revolution (Beijing News, Consensus Net, New York Times, Bloomberg News)
- January 10, 2014 Chemical leak in West Virginia, USA, cuts water to 250,000.
- January 6, 2014 American gun libertarians silence dissident member ( socialismoryourmoneyback.blogspot.ca/2014/01/gun-law.html ).
- December, 2013 Brazil is reported to be forming a close economic relationship with Cuba by hiring Cuban doctors and engaging in joint economic projects. (The New York Times)
- November 9, 2013 Immigrant workers riot in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (The New York Times)
- November 3, 2013 Cuba invites Chinese investment in special development zone at Muriel Port (Qiushi})
- November 1, 2013 Chen Quanguo, Communist Party Chief of the Tibet Autonomous Region calls in Qiushi for strict censorship. (The New York Times)
- October 31, 2013 Greenland parliament votes 15-14 to lift decades-long ban on uranium mining.
- October 13, 2013 Yangzhong builds giant statue of puffer fish (The New York Times)
- October 7, 2013 Strike at steel mill in Venezuela (The New York Times)
- September 27, 2013 The Daily Mail attacks Labour Party leader's father (The Daily Mail The Guardian The Guardian)
- September 26, 2013 World Cup infrastructure in Qatar being built with forced labor (The Guardian)
- September 23, 2013 200,000 on strike in Bangladesh (The Australian)
- September 21, 2013 Textile workers in Bangladesh demand $107 a month (The Raw Story)
- September 17, 2013 Fair Labor Standards Act extended to include direct care workers who provide personal care for the disabled and elderly in the United States (U.S. Department of Labor)
- September 16, 2013 White family lives for a month in a township in South Africa (Living in Mamelodi for a Month)
- September 14, 2013 Communist Party of Swaziland leader arrested while campaigning against bogus election in Swaziland (LINKS)
- September 14, 2013 AFL-CIO reaches out to the unorganized at its convention (AFL-CIO)
- September 14, 2013 Occupation of Zócalo by the National Education Workers Co-ordinating Committee ends (The Guardian)
- September 9, 2013 Dennis Rodman spills the beans (The Guardian)
- September 22, 2013 General election in Germany (The Guardian)
- September 4, 2013 Grey wolf killed in March 2013 in Missouri (Earth First! Journal)
- September 3, 2013 Wolves devour farmers' sheep and goats in southern France (The New York Times)
- September 1, 2013 Guest workers under H-2B visas cheated in the United States (The New York Times)
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
The people's point of view
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
The communist music project